Friday, February 29, 2008

New Covenant - a Must Read Book!

I've never been able to get into the obsessive-compulsive infatuation of my Reformed brothers and sisters with the word/concept of "covenant". I once heard a Presbyterian ministry pray at a wedding and he used the word "covenant" 23 times in a prayer - no lie. But one book that is a MUST read on the subject is that by Petrus J. Gräbe in his book New Covenant, New Community (Milton Keynes: Paternoster, 2006). This book is an excellent summary of OT, NT, Systematic, and Patristic material on the "new covenant". If you're interested in what is new in the new covenant, or what continuity is there with national Israel, read this book. It is detailed (exegetically and theologically) and well worth the time. Five stars on this one!

2 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Thanks for pointing out this book. It is in my Amazon cart.

hrobins said...

I've put it on my wish list for when I have time. =)