Saturday, November 12, 2005

ETS and SBL and IBR and AAR and Blog Reports

The gathering in Philadelphia next week of biblical scholars and theologians will probably have an unprecedented number of blog reports coming out. First there's ETS with the evangelicals (like myself and Alan Bandy) pumping out reports if we can access a CPU. Inbetween is IBR followed up with SBL where we will probably rendezvous with most other bloggers sometime or other. I'm sure they will be a lot of session reports and digests of seminars.

My itinerary is pretty full as I want to finally meet my associate doctoral supervisor (Bob Webb) and a whole host of "virtual" friends that I have acquired over the past three years. I'm trying to spread myself out over a lot of different sessions (Historical Jesus, Synoptics, Paul, James, Jewish Christianity) which comes from my ethos of being a "generalist" in NT studies.

Hope to see you there if you're going! I tend to stand out with bright red (a la Rudolph the red nose reindeer) hair. I can be found inbetween sessions drooling over the many book stalls (especially Fortress, Westminster/John Knox, Baker, Oxford Uni Press etc). But don't bother looking for me at the gay hermeneutics sessions, in the words of Austin Powers, "Not my bag baby!"

No comments: